Tuesday, April 5, 2011

quick update

Jordan is becoming quite the independent girl lately.  Her new favorite word seems to be "MINE!" Part of the time she truly means "mine" but most of the time that is her way of saying "NO!  I want to do it!"  Often when I've tried helping her or even ask her if she would like help if I see her struggling with something and she says "Nnno!  Mine."  This is quite the change from the usual super whiney "Mommy" that I used to hear whenever she needed help.  It's fun to see her independence coming out.

Amélie has become quite the "talker" like her sister.  She has found her voice and it is so much fun to listen to her coo.  She purposefully flashes some great big smiles nowadays too especially when she's being talked to.  She has so much fun watching her big sister, she just stares and stares in awe of her.

I love my girls.

Brandon has been sick with the flu and hiding in the basement so the three of us don't catch what he's got.  We miss him!  I've been sleeping alone, tonight will be the third night.  Jordan stands at the top of the stairs begging to go down and see Daddy.  The brief moments he comes up for food and water is not enough to satisfy any of us, but as difficult as it is, it really is for the best.

Bogart has also been sick, not with the flu but with diarrhea and puking.  I was up with him four times last night.  You read right, FOUR times.  Poor doggie.  He seems to be feeling better and I really hope so because I don't think I can handle another night of that!

Last night after I tucked Jordan into bed my mom came and picked Amélie and I up so I could get out of the house for a while.  Amélie was asleep the whole time and I got to just enjoy some time out with my mom for a couple hours.  It was so wonderful.  I love hanging out with my mom.

3 comments:

  1. Hope the sickies get well soon... and that the lovely ladies of the house stay healthy!
    xoxo, Amanda S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy hanging out with you as well. We get into the best conversations. I enjoy who you are and I love you and those precious little girls too! I'm praying that Brandon and Bogart are both better quick and that you finally get a good nights sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete