Monday, April 18, 2011

Poor little Jordan is sick.  The doctor said yesterday, had we waited to bring her in until today, she would have an ear infection.  Plus she has a really sore throat.  She's been losing her voice, which doesn't slow her chatter down in the least!  The only thing that's been slowing the chatter down is when that nasty fever comes.  Her fever yesterday was 103.8.  The drainage in the back of her throat was so bad last night it caused her to gag on water.  It is SO miserable to watch your children be sick!  I can't stand it; praise the Lord we have hardly had to deal with it and I pray it stays that way.  Today she seems to be doing much better although her voice is still "gone," but she's back to avoiding naps and the fever has gone down to 100 and she's been able to eat and drink.

Brandon taught Jordan how to roll down a hill at the park last week.  Such fun!  I've really been wanting to get a kite.  I think she would be fascinated by it.

Amélie, now 2 1/2 months, just outgrew some of her newborn size jammies and is now in 0-3 month size.  I find this so interesting because my friend's son who is 5 months old now fits into 12 month clothes!  Such a difference!  Amélie weighs 8 lb 8 oz so she has gained three pounds since she was born.  

Oh!  We figured out why Bogart was so sick:  bad bag of dog food.  After he ran out of the special food the vet had given us after we took him in to get checked out we slowly began introducing his regular food and the diarrhea every hour started right back up again.  We remembered that we had just opened the bag of dog food right before he got sick so we opened a new bag just in case and he has been fine ever since.

I guess I really don't have too much to report.  We've not been doing much since Jordan isn't feeling well and since it's been snowing...still...in the middle of April.  Boo.

Here are some pictures from a couple of weeks ago when Jordan was helping me in the kitchen.


She loves helping in the kitchen whenever she can.


She got a lot of flour on her jammies!  It's an easy clean; it just dusted right off.

2 comments:

  1. I hope Jordan gets better!!! We have been pretty lucky with the boys not getting super sick either. Neither one of them has had an ear infection.....yet. now that I say it they will probably both get ear infections knowing my luck!! Haha, talking about clothes.....the boys are 2 and they still fit into some 12 mo. clothes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been working on commenting on your recent blog post! Anyway, I really hope your boys don't get ear infections...or sick at all for that matter. Ya, some of the clothes that I've recently put away for Jordan were 12 month size too! It's crazy how different kids are! I still really want to meet your boys! Any chance you'll come back to town soon?

    ReplyDelete