Friday, April 29, 2011

Free time


Where on earth did all my free time go?!  I used to think I didn't have much but nowadays I have even less!  In the very little free time I have I've got a big decision to make:  do I take a nap, knit, blog, or clean the house?!  (actually the list is longer as my love for photography and photoshop is growing and I want to spend more and more time learning about the two)  Last week was spent taking naps every free minute I had because I knew it was necessary for a speedy recovery.  This week, though I'd like to take a nap, I'm thinking I should avoid it so as not to get into a habit.  That leaves me with knitting, blogging, cleaning, or learn about photography and photoshop.  Right now I'm choosing to blog.  I really should choose to clean every time I get the chance because my house is becoming disastrous but I don't WANT to clean.


Does anybody have any good tips or ideas for me?  I'm in desperate need!  I want my house to get clean but I to do what I want to do and I don't want to stay up late to do any of it otherwise I'm a cranky mom (and wife) the entire next day.  Help!  Oh and tips too for getting up and ready in the morning.  Some days I get to dinner time only to realize not only have I not even gotten dressed for the day but I have not even brushed my teeth!  Disgusting I know, but I'm just being honest.  Does anybody else have the same trouble I do, or am I completely disgusting, disorganized and lazy?!  I'll take any advice I can get to help my days go more smoothly and productively.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kayla! You're so cute:) I just want to encourage you, that no matter what....don't get down on yourself! You're new to having two children. And feel free to use this excuse for the next year:) You're totally normal...it takes awhile to get into a routine, but don't worry, you will:) My little bit of advice would be to just do a little each day. Don't knock yourself out. If cleaning the toilet is the only thing you get done in a day, then by golly, you've got clean toilet! Ya know?:) Maybe even ask for a little help...ask your mama if she could come over and watch the girlies while you did a little housework, or while you get dinner ready. Or maybe, see if she could bring you guys a meal. Moms want to help:) But don't worry...you'll find yourself in all your mommy glory in no time at all:) Be happy you have two sweet daughters that are healthy and loved:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.flylady.net/index.asp
    I am slowly following her organizational cleaning methods. I was able to find her book at the library (Sink Reflections/Marla Cilley).
    http://simplemom.net/
    I have heard good things about this site. She wrote a book called Organized Simplicity. I wasn't able to find it at the library here but I heard it was a really good book.
    Know that you are not alone. I am in the same boat. Hard to figure out what to do. I feel like I spend most of my days cleaning....
    Jolen

    ReplyDelete