Thursday, April 7, 2011

library

I've been taking Jordan to Books and Babies at the library since very shortly after she turned one.  We love the program and Miss Nola who puts it on.  At B&B we get to read books if we show up early then once it starts we sing songs and do actions for the first 15-20 minutes that really teach the kids lots of different things then after singing time the kids get to play with toys for about a half hour while the moms sit and watch and visit.  We LOVE it!  It's been our Friday fun for over a year now.


Jordan is now old enough to attend the Preschool Story Hour at the library that is for 2-5 year olds.  The cool thing about this (I'm sure there are MUCH more cool things about it but we haven't been going to know what those things are yet) is that it's TWO days a week if we really want to go on Wednesday AND Thursday.  So if I'm having one of those days where we just NEED to get out of the house, I have more options of free fun!  (Most of the time we hit up Nana's house or the Target toy section to play for a bit.  Once the weather decides to finally get nice around here we'll have even MORE fun things to do!)

Anyway, we went to Preschool Story Hour today but it turns out that once a month they instead have a Mommy and Me Craft Time instead and that just so happened to be today!  Jordan and I had fun coloring the chicken and his hats, cutting out the hats and gluing them on the chicken's head.  Jordan attempted to help with the scissors but we only managed to get straight lines therefore destroying one of the hats; she quickly lost interest and I finished cutting while she started painting glue on the hats; this was her favorite part which makes me realize I need to get some paint brushes for some activities here at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment