Friday, February 26, 2010

Touch your nose

Jordan is getting really good at knowing her body parts. She first learned nose but now when you ask her where our eyes, ears, nose, mouth and hair are she can very accurately point to them. Lately she has been learning about eye brows (she very curiously has been pointing to them), knees and hands.


These pictures have absolutely nothing to do with this post other than the fact that they are all about Jordan and that I think they are adorable. This picture below is what I see on a daily basis: it is Jordan coming at me with a book to read! She was really excited to get a new book from the doctor yesterday!


I have quite the helper now that Jordan is getting older. She is very quick to help with anything but in this story we will talk about all the help she provides when it comes to laundry and picking up her toys. When I was folding laundry the other day she was gladly pulling clothes out of the laundry basket, holding them up in the air for me to take and grunting to be sure to get my attention. After I would grab the article of clothing from her she eagerly repeated these steps, in fact, she was so efficient that she was grabbing clothes faster than I could fold and getting a wee bit irritated that I could not keep up but we finally worked out a system and became a great team! She has also gotten great at picking up her toys. Jordan's favorite way to play with toys used to be taking them all out of the basket then once they were out of the basket they would become such a bore to my little girl so she would crawl off to find some other container of toys to deconstruct. I was constantly picking up behind her only for her to discover what I'd done and remove all toys from their rightful container once again. Jordan's hobby of dismantling still exists, however, she has discovered how big of an achievement (we have quite the little cheer session afterwards) it is to put her toys back where she got them from...sometimes with Mommy's encouragement and other times completely self motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment