Wednesday, February 24, 2010

more presents

Jordan got a cute little baby doll that fits perfectly with a couple of books and snacks in the little purse she also got as gift. I put the purse on her shoulder and a headband with a bow in her hair and she walked off strutting her stuff like she was so proud to be such a girlie girl. By the way Jordan is primarily walking nowadays! She rarely ever crawls anymore. It still throws me off sometimes as she comes walking into the room rather than crawling but I love it! I know she's been wanting to do it for so long now so it makes me happy that she is finally able to fulfill her dream.


Speaking of girlie girl, Jordan got a tea set from her Auntie Heidi and her cousins. It has brought us so much enjoyment! Jordan has her special cupboard in the kitchen that we allow her play in/with. We put the tea set in that cupboard. She plays with that thing when I am cooking, or even when I'm not cooking. She and I have had several tea parties since she's gotten it. I have dreamed of this moment for so long. In fact, my mom and I have had several conversations about said dreams, dreaming them up together. Thank you Auntie Heidi, Brandon, Ethan & Ivan! You will have to come over for a tea party sometime!


Now don't get me wrong, Jordan does have her tomboy side! She got a rocket for her birthday too that she has been having a blast with! The seat opens up for storage; Jordan loves opening it and putting her dolly inside then closing it and taking her dolly out, this goes on for quite some time. Then there are three buttons on the dash that she loves to push and hear the noises they each make. And when Mommy is available she loves getting pushed all over the house riding her rocket ship. She turns her head around to look at me and laughs! What a thrill! She's going to love the day she learns how to ride it herself. Thank you Granny Jo, Grandpa Robert & the crew (Brandon's parents, two brothers & sister).



Back to the girlie girl though, she got some cute hair bows among other things from my cousin Amanda. At this point, as you know, Jordan doesn't like to leave things in her hair. I was trying to get the bows on faster than she could take them off and managed to get all three on her head at once! For some reason, she decided to leave just one in her hair...the one that happened to be sticking straight off the side of her head:


Jordan got a piggy bank that is shaped as Cinderella's carriage in some pretty pastel colors. After she opened it she really wanted me to take it out of it's packaging. Once I got it out she grabbed it from me and gave it a BIG hug! It was precious! She also got some really beautiful, springy dresses from my parents and a wonderful family friend.

Thank you so much everyone who came to the party and made Jordan's day that much more special!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, sweet precious Jordie...Nana loves you sooo much! I just want to scoop you up and hug you! I love all the stories Mommy has shared with us about your birthday. I can't believe that you are one already...and yet, it seems like we have always had you in our lives. You sure brighten Nana's day! God bless you dear sweet little girl.

    ReplyDelete