My sister's middle son Ethan is in the picture above "helping" Jordan with her cupcake. This is as messy as it got and we are very thankful! I picked out her outfit that morning (it's one of my new favorites!) not really thinking that it was white and she would be eating a chocolate cupcake! But thankfully there wasn't a spot on her clothes! The bib Jordan is wearing says "I'm one today!" It was the bib I wore on my first birthday so that was really special!
I am so nervous when it comes to entertaining. Everyone was mingling before the party actually started and it was Brandon, not me, who was going around asking if anyone wanted anything to drink. I kept hearing every one around introducing themselves because their host(me) had completely spaced it. I always forget to offer our guests something to drink and I always forget to introduce people. About 5 or more years ago, Brandon & I ran into an old friend of mine who excitedly introduces us to his fiance, so I say hi, shake her hand then proceed with conversation completely forgetting to introduce my husband! I'm hoping I get better about this AND SOON! Anyway, when it came time to do cake and sing Happy Birthday I ask Brandon "what should I say?", "how should I get their attention?", "maybe if I just give Jordan her cake people will catch on", "You start singing Happy Birthday." To be honest I don't even know how it ended up happening. All I know is everyone DID sing Happy Birthday, everyone DID get cake and I was NOT the one to start any of it. I really don't know what to do about it but my friend Jennifer reminded me this is the first of many so I will definitely get my practice. It kind of makes me nervous that I have that many more to miserably fail at but then again practice makes perfect so I can only get better, right? One can hope.
You know what....you WILL get better as the years go on! This was the first party adn you were wanting everything to be perfect and everyone to have a good time, and for it to be special for Jordan...that's a lot to remember:) What I do is ask Joel to remind me of things and help me out in that way...and he does, and it is SUCH a help! I even got nervous with Emma's 5th birthday party just a few weeks ago. I let Joel know that and he helped me out immensely...got people situated for food, etc. It was a huge load off of my mind! The pictures are great too by the way! It looks like she loved her cake!:)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Julie! I am so encouraged by your comment!
ReplyDelete