I just realized that I never posted on my blog that I am now a STAY AT HOME MOM!!!! My last day of work was December 4th. I am loving being home with Jordan all the time! I have learned a few things so far that are necessary for a successful, productive day as a mom & housewife:
1. I have to wake up before Jordan. We have a much smoother day if I have already gotten myself up, exercised and ready for the day. When I wake up to her rather than before her I move a lot slower and am more tired and sluggish. Which brings me to my next learned lesson.
2. I have to get dressed in "real" clothes. Dressing in comfy, lounge-like clothing sets me up for a lazy, unproductive day. I don't know what it is about it but the way I dress really affects my attitude and the way I feel.
3. I need to have an "end" to my day. Once dinner is over, my work day is over (for the most part). After the table is cleared I make sure the rest of the evening is spent NOT doing housework. All three of us usually hang out together until Jordan's bedtime then Brandon and I watch a movie until it is our bedtime.
4. A To-Do list is essential! You other moms out there know how difficult it can be to remember things nowadays! But I've also found on those days when I feel like I haven't done much I can look at my list and see so many things crossed off that I HAVE accomplished and realize it was a successful day!
I know there are plenty more lessons I have learned but for right now, those are the main ones coming to my mind.

Kayla! This is a gorgeous post! You have to put pictures of her up more often! I had no idea she was this big. Oh my gosh! Just even quick pictures so I can see her, she is so cute!! Oh, thank you for posting (2)! Kelley
ReplyDeleteI love the lessons you are learning as a SAHM! I'm learning a little something new each day as well as a new SAHM!
ReplyDelete