Jordan and I love play dates! Actually I think at this point Momma enjoys play dates much better. Jordan really hasn't been around a lot of people during her 11 months of life, which has been our decision and I don't regret it one bit, but it has caused Jordan to be pretty clingy when we are around new people. She will smile and tease...but from a distance. It's something we are slowly working on. Once she switches over to just one nap a day instead of two we plan to start going to the library's story hour that currently falls during her first nap. I think it will be so great for her to be around other kids and make friends plus she LOVES books!
All this to say that we had a fun play date with Abi and Joaquin about two weeks ago! I love when they come over. Abi and I hit it off from the very first time I met her at Bath and Body Works about 3 years ago (that seems absolutely crazy that it's been that long ago since we've met!); it's one of those friendships where there is nothing awkward or forced about it. AND Joaquin and Jordan share the same birthday!!!!! Jordan is just 12 hours older than Joaquin. During our hospital stay I wheeled Jordan two doors over to visit them in their room when they were both 1 day old. It was so neat!
Joaquin and Jordan play so well together! We just went out to their house for the first time a couple of days ago and Jordan felt right at home! She surprised me so much when I set her on the ground shortly after we got there and she took off down the hall into the playroom by herself! And she surprised us later too when she actually let Abi hold her while I went to the bathroom and went out to start the car.
I knew it's just a matter of time before she gets more comfortable with people.
I didn't take my camera when we went to visit Joaquin but I did manage to snap this picture with my cell phone while we were there.
The end.

No comments:
Post a Comment