Jordan's communication skills are certainly expanding at a very fast pace! She now lets us know she wants up by trying to lift her head. Whenever I see her do this I grab her hands and she pulls herself up to a sitting position then I pick her up. Yesterday I would assist pulling her up to the sitting position and hold her there until she'd lay herself back down then she'd signal again by the head raise so I'd grab her hands, she'd pull herself up again and we did this about 3 or 4 times then she got frustrated because I wasn't actually picking her up like she wanted. I decided not to keep doing the up and down thing anymore because I want her to continue communicating like this. So now when she makes the signal I just let her sit up and then I pick her up right away.
No comments:
Post a Comment