Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas

Christmas was great this year (not that it isn't every year, well, except for the one where Brandon was in Iraq but let's not get technical ;) ! We got to spend most of the day at our house and each of our families came over to visit; mine for breakfast (cinnamon rolls of course...it's tradition!) & Brandon's for lunch (we had buttered shrimp (!), roast, mashed potatoes & gravy, corn, broccoli and rolls. All very delicious. I'm kind of bummed I didn't get a picture of my plate.) Later we went to my grandma's house for dinner and the entire family get-together which happens each year since before I was even born! (My family has always had the same traditions since my older sister was little...before I was around!)

I feel like a little kid for wanting so badly to show off what I got for Christmas but I am just really excited by it all! Here's what I got:

My talented mom made me this which will be my brag book after our darling daughter is born. I'll have to show you the "finished" product once she is here and I add her pictures to it. The top two pictures are the front and back of the closed album. The next two are of each side of the fully opened album and the next three pictures are just some (blurry) close ups. Didn't she do a wonderful job?! Be sure to click on the pictures to get a better view! I am so proud of her!




While we are talking about the craftiness. This cute penguin cookie jar is what my sister-in-law made for me. She is about 10 years old. It says "Favorite Cookies" on it. She did a great job too!

My parents also got Brandon and I some cookware. I have been wanting stainless steel pots and pans for quite some time now and I finally got them! This set came with a steamer basket too! I've already gotten to use it and it's the most amazing thing ever! I've actually used every piece in the set! Oh and the bowls all have lids too which works out great for me because I am one of those people that doesn't make sure she has all the ingredients on hand BEFORE she starts baking and has to stop mid-recipe to run to the store and get the missing ingredient. Luckily I only live 4 blocks away from the grocery store! Anyway, these pans are fantastic! Thanks Mom & Dad!

Over the summer while my aunt was in town, we went on a shopping trip to the mall with my grandma. When we were at Bed, Bath & Beyond I found some dishes that I like, commented on them and moved on. Didn't really think twice about it, well my grandma did! She went back and got them for us! We have our first set of dishes that aren't hand me downs! It's enough for 4 people and we are gladly taking donations to get another set so if you are interested in donating please leave me a comment and we can work out some sort of deal ;) Aren't they beautiful? (the picture doesn't show the complete set. We had already begun using them before I started taking pictures...actually that is a lie. I took all the pictures before we used any of the dishes then when I plugged my memory card into the computer to start blogging away my memory card went caput and I lost all of my pictures and had to get a new card. So by the time I got my new memory card we had already used some of the dishes and that is why the complete set is not shown in the below picture).

And Brandon got me (drumroll please...) THE OFFICE DVD BOARD GAME!!!! I was so excited when I opened my gift from him! We started playing Christmas day with his family but none of them have ever watched the show so we quit early and haven't been able to pick it back up yet because we have been back to the daily grind. Brandon has been so busy at work. His shift is over at 6:00 but he is still working right now and yesterday he worked until 9:30 too. It's nice having him downstairs though instead of being away at the office working this late. I feel bad he isn't getting much of a break though. I know how much I like to be done with work; when my shift is over at 4:00 I am outta there! He requested New Year's day off though so maybe we will get to play my new game then!

And look at these adorable shirts my parents got for our little girl! They got them in the size she should be come summertime. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment