Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Help! I need SHRIMP!!

I had several days of vacation left that had to be used before December 12th so I've been taking random days off since Thanksgiving. Yesterday was one of those lucky days off! I've been treating these days like I would if I were to stay at home permanently. I'm loving it! I'm getting house work done and not minding doing it plus I have some time to sit and relax a little which is really nice, especially being preggo I just have to get off my feet, sometimes even 5 minutes makes a difference. I also can make a nice lunch for Brandon and I. Brandon is working from home now! He does the same thing for the same employer only he now does it from our office at home. Even though he is working and I can't bother him unless its important I can feel the difference just knowing he's in the house here with me. It's so much better!

This is the time of year for lots of Christmas parties. The one for my work was this past Saturday. It was nice; my biggest memory from the evening was the prawns. Oh my, oh my! They were fantastic! The dinner selection was between Salmon with a white sauce, rice pilaf, & mixed veggies OR steak, twice baked potato & breaded prawns. Each meal came with a delcious salad and tasty rolls. I would have been happy if all they brought me was a plate piled with prawns (and the salad and rolls too). They were so buttery and the most tender, delicious things ever. The Christmas party for Brandon's work is tonight. It's held at the same place as the party for my work so I'm really hoping they will have prawns there tonight! I try and try to make shrimp at home and it always turns out chewy and has a slight crunch to it that really should not be there at all. I get pretty discouraged when it comes to making shrimp because I've yet to make it successfully, but that hasn't been enough for me to give up! If anyone has any tricks or tips, please, please, please let me know! Does it have anything to do with the fact that I always buy the bags of frozen shrimp? I make sure to get the raw kind that I still have to cook myself and not just reheat. But does it really make a difference to buy it fresh from the seafood counter? All I can think about are those delicious prawns!!

No comments:

Post a Comment