
Wow! Jordan has already celebrated her one week birthday (yesterday)! It's amazing how quickly time flies. I have been meaning to get on here all week long, I even took the laptop to the hospital with the hopes to blog right away; the farthest I got was one picture added and then saved to my drafts. It was just crazy with visitors (which we were very thankful for!), trying to figure out nursing and mostly just admiring the wonderful little girl that God created specifically for Brandon and I.Jordan entered the world on Friday, February 20th at 12:56 AM weighing in at 6lb 5oz, 19 1/2 inches long. I was very blessed with an easy pregnancy and labor/delivery which I am thankful for regardless but also because I wanted to give birth naturally without any drugs. God blessed me with a short labor of only about 7-8 hours. We waited and waited calling the hospital twice to see if we should come up because absolutely did NOT want to get sent home! So when we finally decided to go to the hospital the nurse didn't think I was in labor because I was so calm but sure enough I was dilated to a 4 and in active labor. They moved us to our labor and delivery room where we waited for the time that Jordan would arrive. The contractions came and went continuously with me falling asleep in between. Brandon was so wonderful and comforting helping me through each contraction. Next thing we knew I dilated from a 7 to a 10 in no time which really surprised the nurse! She called the doctor immediately then had me do practice pushes which turned out to be a little more successful than she thought. Next thing I know she is telling me I had to stop pushing because the baby's head was right there and the doctor was not! For those women out there who have given birth know that when you get that urge to push there is not much you can do to stop it. The doctor finally arrived but still had to change, I think this really panicked the nurse so she left the room to see how close he was. I freaked out telling Brandon "I can't believe she just left the room!" I was involuntarily pushing while it was just the two of us in there and Brandon was about ready to head to the end of the bed in case the baby came out. Finally the nurse & doctor came back into the room and minutes later Jordan's head popped out...which happened to be at the time the doctor turned his back so again Brandon was about to go to the end of the bed and catch her but the doctor turned around just in time and helped her the rest of the way out. It was a pretty crazy experience and I'm sure that the doctor & nurse were quite surprised how quickly it went. I am so thankful how fast and "easy" it was. I don't regret at all not having any drugs and I will definitely be doing it that way again with our kids down the road. I did tear which made things very uncomfortable for a few days afterward but I'm up and running (not literally) and feeling terrific! Anyway, on to the baby!
Look how teeny she is! I don't think I've ever been around such a small baby.
This was so funny, my mom was feeding her and kept moving the bottle around, she finally had to grab on to keep her from taking it away.
I LOVE THE ARETHA FRANKLIN BOW!
ReplyDelete