Friday, January 23, 2009

It's done!!

The baby's room is finally done!! Well...actually I have to finish sewing the cover for her rocker/glider and get a couple shelves hung up, but other than that the room is totally complete minus Baby. My dad made it over last weekend and got the molding hung up, which was the final step.

He did a great job, didn't he?! My mom & I made the curtain a few months ago. I love the colors in it; it reminds me of this crib bedding set in Pottery Barn that I absolutely love but couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on for a wee baby that wouldn't fully appreciate it because she's just too little to know. Besides, my parents found the adorable crib set pictured below for $24!! That included everything: crib skirt, sheet, quilt, and bumpers. Amazing deal!!


Here is the ugly blue rocker/glider that I am working on making a cover for. My mom is helping me with this too. We make quite the perfect team together when it comes to sewing crafts. She likes to do the pinning and cutting but yet hates doing the actual sewing, where me on the otherhand HATES the pinning and cutting side of it but LOVE to do the sewing. So when we work on things like this together it works out perfectly!! She's done her part on the cover and now it's up to me to get my part done which I am really hoping to get finished by the end of the weekend but I'm giving myself a little more reasonable goal to get it done by the end of the week which ultimately I guess is the end of the month. So you guys better hold me to it! ;)


The little brown jacket in this picture is my absolute favorite piece of clothing this little babe of ours has. We've got it in two different sizes because we love it so much! And do you see my diaper bag hanging on the left side of the picture? It's actually a knitting bag but I loved it so much and it seems like the perfect size for just a normal day out. My aunt got us another cute diaper bag that is bigger that will be perfect for when we are going to be out for longer periods of time and need to pack extra of everything. Who knows, maybe as I get to figuring all this new mom stuff out I may realize I need that bigger diaper bag on a "daily" basis!

Sorry it has taken SOOO long to post anymore about her room. I realize I got started on it in September and never quite picked back up until now. The important thing is that I DID pick back up, right?

I've been feeling great and quite honestly would forget sometimes that I was pregnant because I felt so much like normal ol' Kayla but yesterday when I woke up something changed. This girl must have grown about ten pounds overnight! (ok, I know that is entirely NOT possible but that's what it felt like) It suddenly became that every second of the day I can tell I'm pregnant because of this heavy weight on the front of me! She seems more squished too because her movements have changed and feel much more "defined." Is it possible for her to go on a major growth spurt overnight? I can barely roll over in bed anymore and definitely not without making a huge earthquake as Brandon likes to call it, which makes me laugh every time.

We got the carseat installed on Monday, wrote our birth plan a few weeks ago, got pre-registered at the hospital last month and have our hospital bags packed. I am now 36 weeks and we are definitely ready for this baby to arrive! They consider full term anywhere between 37 to 42 weeks. We are really hoping she decides to make an early appearance!

1 comment:

  1. Oooohhh...you're getting so close Kayla! The nursery is adorable! You guys did such a nice job and I'm sure she'll LOVE it. :) Keep me posted on your progress! Luv ya girl!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete