Monday, September 12, 2011

some fun things we've been up to lately


I saw this cool bubble blower thing in an issue of Family Fun magazine last year and we finally got around to doing it a few weeks ago.  It's a really cheap project.  Take an empty water or soda bottle and cut off the end, rubber band on a wash cloth (I used a baby wipe), wet the wash rag down then dip in dish soap and blow!  Super easy, super fun.  Here's a video of us doing it, the bubbles can hang on for a long time but she kept stopping and wiping them off.  


This was a fun project I recently found on the blog hands on:  as we grow.  Start by pouring baking soda onto a cookie sheet and let your kid play in it if they'd like by drawing shapes and letters with their finger while you dye vinegar with some food coloring.


Then using a medicine dropper, turkey baster, spoon or any other thing you can come up with squirt colored vinegar over the baking soda and watch it bubble and fizz.  This kept us entertained for about 45 minutes.


We got pretty lucky with this next project.  The people who lived in our house before us left behind quite a few things and this peg board with colored pegs just happened to be one of them.  I used this to keep Jordan entertained one day while I was cleaning up and when she said "ok, Mama, me done."  I looked over and found this:


No comments:

Post a Comment