Saturday, September 25, 2010

Tomato lover


(18 months) 


(11 months)

My girl LOVES tomatoes, probably more than any other food she has tasted.  Whenever she sees them anywhere, be it the grocery store, garden or kitchen counter, she immediately starts signing please and if I tell her she can't have one she has a minor meltdown.  I've learned that if I really do not want her having a tomato then I need to hide them completely out of her sight.  I had about seven tomato plants in the garden this year.  Every time we stepped foot in the back yard, straight to the garden she would go and start picking any tomato within her reach.  And if I tried to stop her because I didn't want tomato guts on her clothes she'd take off running!  I should be happy that it's something so good for her that she loves so much and I am I just wish tomatoes weren't so messy!  One day we had come in from picking an armful of tomatoes and I had set them on the counter.  I guess they were a little too close to the edge because I couldn't find Jordan so I set out to her "secret" hiding spot, the dark corner at the end of the hall in front of the bathroom and there she was tomato in hand as soon as she saw me she took off and we had a wild goose chase around the house until I finally caught her and put her in her chair at the table with a bib.  She cracks me up!


Every time she sees I have the camera she immediately starts following me around the house because she wants to see all the pictures I've taken of her (she loves looking at herself!) so it can be a challenge sometimes to get pictures of her in her natural habitat.  This day she trapped me against the wall and I was running out of floor to back up so I could continue snapping pictures so I leaned against the window sill in the dining room and was taking pictures from that angle.  It must have looked fun because Jordan comes to stand in front of the window, turns around so her back is to it and then starts backing up until her little tush hit the wall and she was standing just like I was.


And this picture here I just think is goofy.  She had finished her tomato and had juice all over her face and was trying so hard to get to the camera so she could see the pictures I had been taking the whole time she'd been chowing down.

3 comments:

  1. Yay, you updated! A lot! Your girl is beautiful, and the pictures are just too funny!

    *Amanda*

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little woman after my own heart! I LOVE tomatoes! She is growing so big, Kayla! She is just a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny thank you for the story It was so cute!!
    -ariana-

    ReplyDelete