The other day I was making dinner in the kitchen when Jordan managed to grab the Frosted Mini Wheats off the table. She brought the box to the kitchen with me, sat down and started chowing. Then a couple minutes later I realized she was no longer in the kitchen with me nor were the mini wheats. I went searching for them both and this is where I found them, laying in Jordan's bed. I laughed, took several pictures then told her she can't have food in her room and took it away. Such a funny moment.
Speaking of Jordan's bed, we found an awesome deal on a toddler bed back at the beginning of spring. At the time she was much too little to make the switch from crib to bed so we'd been storing it. Well with another little one on the way we decided now is the time to make the switch as we want to give her plenty of time to adjust. We wanted her old room to become the baby's room because it is closer to our bedroom so we packed up all my crafting supplies that was in the spare room and hauled it to another room (which is where it still rests in piles and piles) about a month and a half ago. I got her things all moved over and her new room situated. She loved the room to play in all throughout the day but when it came time to actually sleeping in there she wanted nothing to do with it! Realizing that we still have plenty of time, I didn't force it. I'd ask her before laying her down where she wanted to sleep and she'd always tease me and run to her new bed and hop in only to then jump up and run down the hall to her old room and want in her crib. I was dreading the day we would actually have to dive in and make her sleep there, but I really should not have dreaded it at all! Last week a friend of mine asked me to watch her two daughters, ages 2 and 5. Jordan LOVES and admires big kids especially GIRLS! So when all the kids laid down at nap time the youngest slept in Jordan's toddler bed and Jordan knew it. So the rest of the day I kept reminding her at random that Savannah had slept in her big girl bed. When nighttime rolled around that night I laid Jordan down in her big girl bed again reminding her that Savannah had slept there. Jordan wanting to be just like those girls (which I have no problem with because they are wonderful examples for her) slept there ALL night long! And she's been happy to sleep in it every nap and bedtime ever since! Thanks girls for doing the dirty work for me! Now I need you to come back over to teach Jordan how to go potty! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment