Tuesday, May 18, 2010


Sorry I have been absent from the blogging world for a while (even when it comes to commenting on all of your all's blogs).  I've been trying to limit my computer time lately as it can so easily become a time absorber for me and because I've also been reading a lot of books, educating myself on many things but most importantly the effects of food on our body...not just food but the type of food here in the US that has been genetically modified, preservatives and colors added, artificial sweeteners and the like.  I HIGHLY recommend everyone read the book The Unhealthy Truth by Robyn O'Brien...actually I am BEGGING you to read this book, especially all you mommies out there.  I really don't even know where to begin in telling you about this book so I'll just pray you read it to learn all that I have learned.  She writes in a way that is very easy to understand which is very nice since the information provided is so critical for us to know about.


On a completely different note I thought I'd share some pictures from a few weeks ago when we had some terrific weather...then we got some cold and snow for a couple of weeks and finally as of this weekend things have started to warm up again (we've even fired up the central air!) and I'm really hoping this time it is here to stay.  Last time we were so spoiled going to the park nearly every day and when not at the park we were in the backyard so much that when that snow and cold came back we had no idea what to do with ourselves!  I noticed a difference in all our attitudes when we were cooped up in the house after that week of freedom and warmth not to mention that the gloominess can sure make a difference in mood as well.  So we had to figure out how to keep busy and distracted from the aweful weather.  We did so by going to the library's story hour, attending a Bible study at church, reading educating books, playing chase around the house, having another once a month cooking day and many other things.  But we are SO glad the sun is shining again so we can slap on the sunscreen and play outside all day long!  Speaking of sunscreen, if you plan to be outside a lot this summer you'll want to check out Healthy by Choices that tells you all you need to know about sunscreens that are safe to put on your and your kiddo's body and why most are NOT safe, you may be surprised!


She loves wearing her sunglasses!  I consider them our instant ticket to a huge smile.  Sometimes after a while of wearing them the correct way though she decides to switch it up and wear them on the back of her head for something different.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks bud!! kel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in reading that book! Are you finished with it? If you don't mind, could I borrow it once your done? Looks like the cold weather is about to take over this next week..we should take the kiddo's to the Childrens Museum or something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, you are getting awesome with your photoshop!!!kel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kayla, it's Trish...I bought this book today. Thanks for posting this...looks like some good info.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy, I'm finished with the book, however, Brandon is currently reading it. We just checked it out from the public library but I do plan to buy it one of these days as a resource for myself and so that I can hand it out for friends to read. I can let you know either when I buy the book or when we've returned it to the library...or both! Sorry we weren't able to go to the park at all last week. We would love to go to the Children's Museum! I'll give you a call soon so we can make plans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelley, Thanks for the compliment! I really wish I could attribute the beautiful photos to my photoshop skills but quite honestly those photos came directly from the camera no touch-ups whatsoever. I can only thank the perfect lighting that day and a terrific camera for the pictures. But that made things REALLY easy on my part otherwise this blog post may not have come for several more weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trish, I am so glad you got the book! I had actually thought about you when I read it knowing that you have a son with allergies. I think you'll be really amazed by what you read. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete