Friday, May 22, 2009

Milestones galore!

I don't even know where to begin! I really need to be more faithful about blogging so I don't get to this point. And to keep all our fans happy! I guess I'll start here:


Jordan has been eating rice cereal for about 1 1/2 weeks now! (I feel I need to be specific because a friend at work thought I meant cheerios! Although I'm quite sure she was kidding.) Jordan isn't a huge fan of the spoon so we feed it to her through a nurser cup for now. We've been trying a bite or two from the spoon each feeding just to see if she's changed her mind. She's been able to stay on a more consistent schedule since she has started eating cereal because it fills her up so much better than plain ol' breastmilk. It is so amazing to me how early on they develop a like & dislike for certain tastes. Jordan will gag terribly (huge gag reflex, noise and all) if the cereal is made with water; she will only accept it made with breastmilk.


Our priceless little angel is being more and more coordinated with her hands each day! The flower we have on her changing table has become a best friend of hers. Jordan is always dancing and talking to her flower and recently she has started grabbing onto it as if she is trying to "pick" her flower. That thing will keep her entertained forever! As will the the playmat pictured above. This is Jordan's first favorite toy. She will kick the ball that is hanging from it and grab at the rabbit and apple that hang in arm's reach. This one has really helped with her hand/eye coordination and even figuring out her hands and feet in the first place. She also helps me hold on to her bottle at each feeding.

I know I'm missing something but I have got to get to this one because it has been a thrill since the second it happened! JORDAN LAUGHED!!! This afternoon we were looking in the mirror together and I was making goofy faces at her and she started to laugh! Oh a baby's laugh is the happiest sound in the world! I hope I don't have to wait long before I hear her do it again.

Another milestone that hasn't fully developed but is most certainly getting there: rolling over. Jordan has been working on rolling from her back to her belly; she can get herself onto her side but just doesn't know what to do after that. And when she is doing tummy time (which she is still hates but is slowly beginning to give it a little more of a chance) she also tries to roll onto her back.

She has been picking up on lots of new things lately and getting better and better at mastering them as each day progresss. It's such an exciting journey! And even though this picture does not portray the excitement I am feeling I just have to share because I think this picture is so sweet even though she is crying.

1 comment:

  1. She has the biggest brownest eyes I have ever seen!! What a beauty!! And you look like such a proud glowing mommy!!!:)

    ReplyDelete