Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Oh my!



Here is a picture of me 5 months pregnant. I just read this morning that babies usuallly at this point start growing about 6 ounces per week so I'm expecting my belly to get really big in a very short amount of time!

Jennifer and my mom had a baby shower for me this past weekend and it was a blast! Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to share. I set my camera down when guests started to arrive and it got left alone on a table until the cleanup afterwards. My mom has a few pictures up on her blog if you'd like to check them out. We got so many cute things for our little one and I'd take some pictures of those for you but I won't allow myself to take anything back out of their bags until I get all the thank yous in the mail. I am a huge procrastinator when it comes to things like those so this is my way of motivating myself to get them done. See why this helps motivate me?

It looks like a disaster in there doesn't it? The room really isn't all that big so having these gifts in there in bags really takes up a lot of space. The delay at this point is because I am making my own cards and it's been a slower process than I thought it would be. I only have 9 done so far and I need about 30 of them! I do have a picture though of the babyshower invitations. Aren't they adorable?!?!

I decided I'd take a picture of at least one of the gifts since it's not in the bag. I set it inside the crib so it'd be safe and because it's so darn cute!

I figure while I am at it I will show you some of the cute shoes we have for our little girl. She is going to be stylin'! Between my mom & I getting her shoes she already has several pairs. Here are a few.

I also wanted to show you a picture of the cloth diapers we are going to use, which, by the way, if you plan to use cloth diapers I highly recommend ordering from Two Little Whales. The owner is awesome!

I decided to go with a one size fits all diaper that I can use from newborn until potty training. I tell you what this thing is super adjustable! I can make the waist on this thing so teeny that you'd almost never guess that a baby could actually fit into it but yet it adjusts so big that it'd fit a giant teddy bear! I can't wait to get to try them out. I'm not really nervous about the whole cloth diaper experience. I've had a lot of people tell me I'm crazy but I think with the new style of cloth diapers this actually won't be so bad. Also, do you realize how much money this is going to save us?! In my opinion, that alone is totally worth it! Not to mention that we are doing our part to help the environment. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my is right!! You look so darn cute! I'm sooo sorry that I missed your shower. My hubby and I just aquired a business and we've been crazed with getting things up and running. I do, however, have a gift for you! I'll make arrangments to get it to you! It looks like you had a really great time! Take care!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete