Sunday, August 1, 2010

Gettin' wordy


Jordan said her first sentence this week!  She's not really much of a talker using real words so much yet but we that are here with her all the time can easily pick up on words she is saying that others may think is just jibber jabber.  Anyway, sorry I know you all are dying to hear what she said!  Jordan's first sentence is:  "I love you"  it makes me smile every time she says it.  She also learned to say flower...in Jordan speak.  Everything to her is "Bah!"  so we've been teaching her sign language for all those things so that we can know what she's really talking about; for example many times she excitedly comes to me after looking out the window saying "bah! bah!" over and over again and I had no idea what she was talking about.  Later when we were looking out the window together and saw birds and squirrels I showed her the sign for each and now whenever she excitedly comes to me shouting bah! bah! after looking out the window she's combining it with the sign so I know what she saw out there and can then talk to her about it.  It's very nice!  But where I was really going with that is that like previously mentioned she says bah for everything.  She likes flowers a lot and I forgot the sign for flower but I've been trying to teach her "ffffff-llll-ow-er" so she'll say that instead of bah whenever she sees them.  The other day she was sitting at the table eating and saw a picture of herself sitting next to some flowers and I hear her say "ffff-bah!" repeatedly.  I love watching her learn how to communicate...especially when she says she loves me!  :)  Another thing we think is cute and hilarious that I want to share before I sign out is Jordan says "dibble, dibble, doyle"  It's so funny.  If we say dibble, dibble Jordan goes off on this long string of dibble, dibble jibber jabber where she somehow rolls her tongue or something while she's talking because some of sounds that come out of her mouth are the oddest sounding noises but she acts as though she is rattling off some major important conversation.  It makes us laugh every time.

On a completely different note, these pictures are a couple of my favorites from all three of ours first trip to Glacier.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite thing that she said was, "Nana, I love you!" I have it saved on my phone and have listened to it several times already today since you sent it to me. Did I tell you how much I adore that little girl?! And her mama too?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete